All stakeholder input was considered and incorporated into the project findings and recommendations, as appropriate.
The consultation plan included:
- Notice of Detailed Design Study Commencement and Public Information Centre (PIC) – May 11, 2016
- Consultation with EMS, agencies and adjacent property owners
- Aboriginal Consultation and Engagement
- Communication with affected property owners along the proposed detour routes and other potentially impacted stakeholders during the design process and prior to implementing any detours
- A Public Information Centre (PIC) – May 26, 2016
- Preparation of a Design and Construction Report (DCR)
- Notice of Study Completion and public review of the DCR – August 3, 2016
Public Information Centre
A Public Information Centre (PIC) was held on May 26, 2016. The displays and materials are available for download.
The final design for improvements was presented, as well as the construction staging and traffic management strategy. It provided an opportunity to discuss issues or concerns directly with members of the project team in advance of construction activities anticipated to start in the fall of 2016.
All statutory notices were published in the following local newspapers:
- London Free Press
- The Londoner
- Dorchester Signpost